This Privacy Notice helps you to understand how we use your personal information, who we share it with and the rights that you have.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority and The Bay Bed Company Limited is committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally and to be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
This policy applies whether you visit our store or website, or if you otherwise share your personal information with us, for example if you contact us with a query.
Under data protection law, you have a number of rights, below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you can only shop with us in store.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
The lawful bases we use to process data
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are:
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime or to meet responsible lending criteria.
The information we collect and how we use it
In order to respond to your questions, fulfil your requests or manage interactive customer programs, it may be necessary to ask for personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may use this information to respond to your requests, or to contact you via mail, email or phone to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer. If you place an order for a product, request a service or submit content to this site, we may need to contact you for additional information required to process or fulfil your order and/or request. However, unless compelled by applicable legislation, we will not provide this information to a third party without your permission, except as necessary to process your order, fulfil your requests or manage interactive customer programs.
In addition to the personal information that you may provide us, this Site may use technology that lets us collect certain technical information like your Internet protocol address, your computer’s operating system, your browser type, traffic patterns and the address of any referring websites.
How we protect your data
Please note that while there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone or over the internet, and no system of technology is completely safe, “tamper” or “hacker-proof”, The Bay Bed Company Limited has endeavoured to take appropriate measures to prevent and minimise risks of unauthorised access to, improper use and the inaccuracy of your personal information. For example, we use encryption technology when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. No information may be submitted to The Bay Bed Company Limited by persons under the age of 18 without consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 18 make purchases or other legal acts on this Site without such consent, unless permitted by applicable legislation.
How long we keep your data
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We consider you a customer
- for 3 years from the point you last made a purchase from us
- during any time we are managing a customer service request from you
Third Parties we share data with and receive data from
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. We only allow service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with;
- credit reference agencies;
- payment processors;
- government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Third-party apps, websites and services
If you use any third-party apps, websites or services to access our services, your usage is subject to the relevant third party’s terms and conditions, cookies policy and privacy notice. For example, if you interact with us on social media, your use is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy notices of the relevant social media platform. The same stands if you use third-party services, like Amazon’s Alexa, as your use of the service is subject to their applicable terms and conditions. We may be required to share customer information relating to transactions and use of such third-party services with that third party.
If you have any questions about how The Bay Bed Company Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on 01524 833200
- email us at email@example.com
- write to us at The Bay Bed Company Limited, 35-37 Queen Street, Morecambe, Lancashire LA4 5EQ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Further information is also available at www.ico.org.uk